Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A very simple recipe with ingredients you probably already have on hand. I got the basics of this from 2 other tex-mex recipes... one from here #69933 and one from Hungry Girl. But then I added in things i had on hand.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4 tablespoons taco sauce (i just used pace picante)
- 1 onion, diced
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 0.5 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn (or the whole can if you want)
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 3 dashes of crushed cayenne pepper (more or less to suit your taste)
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix (or whatever kind you like)
- 1⁄4 cup honey (if you like it sweet)
- Brown the ground beef on the stove with the taco seasoning, taco sauce, onion, garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- Once the beef is brown,drain and add in the corn and drain the Rotel diced tomatoes with chilies and add to the pan.
- (If you like spicy foods, add in a few shakes of crushed cayenne pepper). Once all these have warmed together, take off the stove.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- In a bowl, mix the jiffy cornbread mix as directed on the box. If desired, add about 1/4 cup of honey and mix completely.
- Pour meat mixture in to a square, glass baking dish 8x8x2. Cover and spread cornbread on top of meat.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the cornbread is done and a golden brown color.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream on the side.
- (I like the sweet of the honey in the cornbread to go with the spicy of the meat).