- 2 cups corn chips, Crushed
- 1 large egg, Beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, Chopped (Green chilies should be drained)
- 3 ounces monterey jack cheese (1 C;Cheese should be any mild cheese and should be shredded. Should = 1 C.)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, Chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine corn chips, egg, and water; press into 9-inch pie plate or casserole.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine onion recipe soup mix, ground beef, chilies, and 1/2 C cheese; evenly press into prepared crust.
- Top with tomato sauce, then green pepper and bake 30 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese, then bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and beef is done.