Recipe by Tina Lavender
An easy, tasty, taco like dish that lets you garnish its cornbread crust any way you like.
Top Review by AmyMCGS
Very good. I followed the recipe basically as written, substituting a 16oz bag of Mexicorn in place of the corn, peppers, and onions. I also added a layer of Mexican blend cheese on top of the meat layer. I garnished my serving with a spoonful of sour cream. This was a good supper that both my DH and 3 year-old enjoyed. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 package cornbread mix
- sour cream
- sliced olive
- chopped tomato
- shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Lightly brown beef, drain.
- In bowl combine beef,onion,pepper,salsa,corn& seasoning.
- Spread in a 9x9 dish, cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare cornbread according to package.
- After beef mixture has baked, top with cornbread batter, spreading evenly, and immediatly return to oven, uncovered, and bake until golden brown.
- After cooling slightly, serve with taco like garnishes to top.