Recipe by Rita~
This will be hit at any party not just for taste but for A beautiful presentation of a Tex Mex 7 layer salad. Lots of flavor. The green salsa consists of Tomatillos, Onions, Chilies, Cilantro. Try one of these Salsa Verde or Smoky, Spicy Tomatillo Salsa Verde Aka Green Hell! or buy your favorite brand of Salsa Verde. Salad can be made the day before and refrigerated.
Top Review by miss_treated1
This is a great recipe, Rita! It is avocado season on Guam so I'm always looking for new ways to use avocado instead of the standard guacamole. I cut thin slices of a corn tortilla, fried them until crisp then sprinkled them with sea salt and ancho chili powder then added this layer before the dressing. I used the Jalapeno Tequila Green Hot Sauce from Blair's Heat Collection. I served this with grilled chicken breasts and my DH ended up dicing his chicken and adding it to the salad. Thanks for posting!
- 3 cups lettuce, washed rough chopped
- 14 ounces black beans, rinsed and well drained
- 14 ounces corn, defrosted if frozen if canned rinsed and well drained
- 2 roasted red peppers, diced
- smoked paprika
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup green chili salsa (store bought or Smoky, Spicy Tomatillo Salsa Verde Aka Green Hell! )
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half or 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sliced scallion
- 1⁄3 cup green chili salsa
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, Smart Balance
- 1 cup shredded cheese, TeX MeX blend is a good choice
- 2 ounces sliced ripe olives, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Place lettuce in a trifle dish.
- Top with beans.
- Mix corn layer ingredients together and place on top of beans.
- Mix avocado ingredients together and place on top of corn layer.
- Place tomato halve cut side up on the avocado layer; sprinkle with pepper and cilantro to taste.
- Mix dressing ingredients together and carefully spread on tomatoes.
- Top with cheese and garnish with olives and additional cilantro.