Recipe by AcadiaTwo
This coleslaw recipe has been made by my family for at least 54 years, maybe more. I personally have never made it although I plan to. "Cooking time" is chilling time.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Very good slaw! I'm glad to see that others like onions in their cole slaw. I used a red bell pepper instead of green, just for more color. I don't usually have Miracle Whip, so I used mayo and added a little more sugar to mimic the sweet tanginess. This is delicious. Even better the next day. Thanx!
- 1 medium cabbage
- 1 bell pepper (green)
- 118.29 ml onion
- 59.16 ml vinegar (white)
- 14.78 ml sugar
- 198.44 g Miracle Whip
- 14.17 g mustard (yellow)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove core of cabbage and outer leaves.
- Remove seeds, core of bell pepper.
- In a food processor shred cabbage, bell pepper, onion to desired size. (I like it minced whereas my DH likes it coarsely chopped).
- In large bowl mix vinegar, sugar, Miracle Whip and mustard together until well blended.
- Pour that mixture over the cabbage, bell pepper and onion and mix well so everything is coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- Mix it again and enjoy!