Mika G.'s Note:
I love Tessa Kiros and her cookbooks. This recipe comes from Apples for Jam.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and grease two large baking pans. Put the oats, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- 2Put the sugar, honey, and butter in a pan, and heat, stirring, until the butter has melted.
- 3Pour over the oat mixture in the bowl and mix well.
- 4Put half the mixture in each baking pan, spreading it out and then pressing it into a thin layer. Put both pans in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes. Turn the mixture over with a spoon and return the pans to the oven, the bottom one now on top.
- 5Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until the granola is deep golden, turning it again during this time to give it an even color and break it up slightly.
- 6Take care not to overcook it, as just past perfect can make it bitter.
- 7Turn off the oven and leave it in for another 10 minutes or so, then get it out of the oven, and leave it to cool completely in the pans. Once cool, this keeps very well in a cookie jar or something else airtight.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tessa Kiros Granola
Serving Size: 1 (572 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 625.1
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 72.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 53.1 g
- Protein 12.8 g