Recipe by SheCooksToConquer
This is one of my favorite ways to make chicken, and it's incredibly simple. This is one of the recipes my sister Terry put in a little self-published cookbook she gave family members (OMG) thirty years ago as a holiday present. As mine is falling apart, I'm posting these recipes here both to save for me, and to share with everyone.
Top Review by Maryland Jim
To start we like this recipe and will make it again but with more heat. Next time I will add more curry powder and red pepper flakes to heat it up some. The peanuts really added a nice touch. Next time I'll try to have some chutney to go with it.
- 4 -6 chicken breasts, bone-in
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (I prefer Madras)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the over to 350.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter with garlic, curry and honey. Add a dash or two of salt. Stir until well blended.
- Put chicken breasts skin side up in a baking dish, and spread some of the curry mixture over chicken breasts.
- Bake about 45 minutes, basting every 15 minutes with the curry mixture.
- Serve over white or curried rice. For an extra touch, serve with condiments like chutney and/or chopped peanuts.