Recipe by landlocked #2
One morning my sister-in-law was making waffles for breakfast using her new mini waffle maker. She had a brain storm about desert that night. “Why not try to cook cake batter in the waffle maker.” This was a huge hit on our summer vacation – for the kids as well as the adults!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 12 ounces Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
- 8 ounces Cool Whip or 8 ounces whipped cream
- nuts (optional)
- cherries (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cake mix using the water, vegetable oil and eggs. Mix according to directions on box. Pour cake mix into
- waffle grids. Cook waffles until done.
- Place warm waffle into ice cream bowl.
- Add two scoops of ice cream, cover with chocolate syrup.
- Top with whipped cream, nuts and cherry.
- Note: the amount of water, vegetable oil and eggs is based on using a Duncan Hines cake mix. Prepare cake batter according to the directions on the box mix you are using.