Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A great way to serve leftover lamb -- if there is such a thing. Another gem from my sister's family cookbook. If you don't have leftover lamb, you can use stew meat that's marinated in yogurt and garlic for a few hours.
- 1 lb lamb, chunks
- 1 apple, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or Splenda)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Roll lamb chunks in flour to coat.
- Melt 1/2 the butter in a large skillet and fry lamb chunks until browned. Remove the lamb.
- Add the rest of the butter to the skillet, melt, and add onions, curry and sugar. Stil until softened.
- Add apples, stir to blend, then add lamb, 1/4 cup of water, salt and pepper to taste. Cook, covered, over low heat for about 40 minutes.
- Serve over rice with condiments like chutney, chopped peanuts, raisins, or shredded coconut.