- 1 (1 1/2 lb) flank steaks
- 4 canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (about 1/2 of a bunch)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons garlic oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients for marinade.
- Marinate flank steak in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove steak from marinade and reserve marinade.
- Grill or broil to desired degree of doneness.
- Meanwhile, as steak is grilling, bring marinade to a boil and boil until slightly reduced and thickened.
- Serve sauce over thinly sliced steak.