Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My family's favourite salad. Lots of garlic and very flavourful.
- 2 head romaine lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large mild onion, sliced in thin rings
- 4-5 slice bacon, fried crispy and crumbled
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml anchovy paste
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 3-4 slice bread, cut in cubes
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 1.23 ml garlic salt
- Prepare lettuce and onions.
- For dressing, put garlic, salt, pepper, and anchovy paste together and mix well.
- Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and olive oil, mixing well.
- Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Let mellow in fridge to blend flavour at least a half hour.
- To make croutons, in a non-stick skillet, brown bread cubes in olive oil and garlic salt until cubes crisp, stirring constantly, add pepper to taste. Let cool.
- To assemble, toss salad greens, onions with dressing, sprinkle with bacon crumbles and top with croutons. Serve immediately.
Great Caesar salad! My daughter even said it was the best she has ever had in her whole life. We loved the cheese mixed in with the dressing. My husband snacked on the bacon that I had reserved from breakfast for the salad so we missed out on that. (I have to hide things better in the fridge) Skipped the onions because of the kids and used up what croutons we already had in the pantry. No salad was left at the end of dinner. Made for the Name Game 2008 in honor of my Mom, Terry. Thanks so much!