Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
delicious and moist. very good bread
Make and share this Terry's Banana Nut Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup jamaican spiced rum
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 350o.
- 2. Cream butter, sugar, and eggs.
- 3. In a separate bowl, mix bananas and milk till creamy. (Note: 2% milk may be substituted).
- 4. Stir banana mixture and creamed butter, sugar, egg mixture together. Sift remaining dry ingredients and gradually add to wet mixture. Mix in rum. Stir in optional walnuts if desired. Pour the final mixture into greased, floured loaf pans.
- 5. Bake for 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean.
- This is a very moist banana bread - not dry at all!