Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Couch potato football food for Fall. Freeze blue cheese overnight before the big game so you can quickly shred it at half time!
- 12 ounces poore brothers potato chips (see note)
- 2 ounces danish blue cheese (frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, fried crisp & crumbled
- 3 green onions, cut on a bias (use only green part)
- 1⁄2 roasted red pepper, diced
Ingredients for Seasoned Sour Cream
- 6 ounces mayonnaise
- 6 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄8 teaspoon curry powder
- Freeze the blue cheese, finely shred (to create a snowflake effect) and place back in freezer in zip bag or plastic container.
- Mix all ingredients for seasoned sour cream together well and refrigerate until ready to assemble chips.
- Fry bacon crisp and crumble, slice onions and dice roasted red bell pepper and set aside in individual dishes.
- Using 2 10" oven proof plates, divide chips on each plate.
- Dollop seasoned sour cream evenly over chips.
- Sprinkle bacon bits evenly over chips, place in 350 degree oven and bake for 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and finish by topping with reserved blue cheese flakes, green onions and diced red bell pepper.
- NOTE: Poore Brothers chips are sold in the West. They're available by mail order or use any home made style thick potato chip.