Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe online and can't remember where we got it. But we loved it so much we wanted to share!
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1. Mix all but cornstarch and 1/4c water in a sauce pan and begin heating.
- 2. Mix cornstarch and cold water in a cup and dissolve. Add to sauce in pan.
- 3. Heat until sauce thickens to desired thickness.
- 4. Add water to thin if you over-thick it.
My husband and I liked it. It was simple and I had the ingredients in the house. My only issue was that it made more than I thought it would, but that just means I get to save it for later.
This is a great recipe !! I thought it was a little too sweet so i just used less brown sugar
Thank you for posting this!!! I have been looking for a terriyaki sauce with a slight sweetness!!!