Recipe by TheDancingCook
Terri is a nurse/coworker who asked me to post one of her favorite recipes on here. She promises a great meal. Not for strict calorie/fat watchers but light cream can replace heavy cream, margarine in place of butter. Prep/cook time does not include cooking of the chicken.
Top Review by ecs0055
I absolutely loved this recipe!! My fiance is an EXTREMELY picky eater and he says this is favorite thing that I make. I don't think it makes great leftovers because it isn't as creamy, but with 2 or 3 people eating this, there are little to no leftovers. Thanks!
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 ounces canned mushroom slices, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 8 ounces spaghetti or 8 ounces thin pasta, cooked and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On stovetop, brown onions in butter; add flour, salt, pepper, and chicken broth.
- Cook and stir on medium until brown and boiling.
- Turn heat to low and slowly stir in cream.
- Add parmesan, stir until blended; then add chicken, mushrooms and almonds.
- Toss mixture with cooked noodles and transfer to a greased 13x9 casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a side of veggies/tossed salad, warm bread and a glass of wine.