Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family loves when I make this.
- 1360.77 g lean ground beef
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 295.73 ml ketchup
- 236.59 ml red bell pepper, chopped
- 73.94 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 73.94 ml brown sugar
- 44.37 ml prepared mustard
- 44.37 ml vinegar
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 8 hamburger buns
- 8 slice pickles
- 8 slice onions
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in large skillet. Drain and discard fat.
- Combine ketchup, bell pepper, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar and chili powder, Stir in with beef mixture. Blend well. Heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve on Hamburger buns with pickles and onion slices.
Turned out excellent, Thanks!
This one is a keeper per my DH. Just the right amount of sweetness and tang. I have a feeling this is going to be even better tomorrow. This would be a good recipe for a potluck or buffet. It can be prepared ahead of time, then kept warm for serving in a crock pot. Thanks for a great recipe.
I love sloppy joes! This is an exceptionally good recipe! I cut back on the garlic - personal preference, otherwise made as it. No need to change a GREAT recipe! Thanks 4-H Mom I know I'll be using this recipe for potlucks, Youth Group gathering etc! Made for Everyday is a Holiday!