Recipe by Some1sGrandma
In thinking of inexpensive ways to feed my family healthier foods I had this idea. I bought the additions to the bread flours in bulk and spent less than 75 cents for the ingredients other than the bread flours.
Top Review by Tony H.
I used this instead of the flour in my favorite wheat bread recipe. It was fantastic! Great taste and the texture was light. I will definately make this again. It also makes the best toast!
- 2 3⁄4 cups better for bread white flour
- 4 cups better for bread wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup almond flour (from bulk)
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran (from bulk)
- 1⁄3 cup oat bran (from bulk)
- 1⁄3 cup wheat germ (from bulk)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put together ingredients in a large bowl and stir well with a large spoon and then a fork.
- Store in a gallon zip-lock bag or an air-tight container.
- Use this mix in place of flour in your bread recipe.
- Use for wheat bread recipes.
- For bread machines use the wheat cycle.
- *Ihad to add one additional Tablespoon of the mix to my recipe for a large loaf for the right consistency.