Recipe by Some1sGrandma
Made this year as part of the Christmas cookies we give away. Want to remember this one so I am posting it.
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flaked coconut (heaping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream together margarine and sugars.
- Add coconut extract, vanilla extract, and the eggs, beat some more.
- In a bowl stir together with a fork flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the batter and mix some more until well blended and a little fluffy looking.
- Fold in the coconut flakes.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons onto cookie stone or cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes.