Recipe by 4-H Mom
This is an old recipe from Grandma. I like using this one; it is an easy dough to work with.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, sugar and egg in bowl. Beat until creamy. Add flour, orange juice, vanilla, and baking powder. Beat till well mixed.
- Refrigerate dough until firm, overnight or around 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface, 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutters. Place onto cookie sheet, ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6 - 10 minutes or until lightly browned.