Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
No creamy sauces to weigh this one down, this is my own creation, perfected over time. It's easy, it's quick, and the secret ingredient makes it all taste wonderful! Cleans out that veggie drawer, too! :o)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb boneless chicken breast, diced (optional)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves (or more, to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon mccormick roasted garlic and bell pepper (this is the secret ingredient)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped large)
- 2 cups chopped assorted fresh vegetables (, I use green and red pepper, broccoli, snow pea pods, and julienned carrots)
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups cooked pasta, cooked while preparing other ingredients (I like farfalle or rotini)
- Heat olive oil in large saute pan.
- Add chicken (if using) and 3 cloves pressed garlic, and saute until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add butter, all chopped veggies, 1 clove minced garlic, and McCormick spice.
- Cook and stir for about 5- 7 minutes more, until veggies are cooked, but still crisp.
- Add pasta to veggies and chicken, stir well, and heat until pasta is warmed through (2 minutes).
- Add cheeses and stir until melted.
- Add tomatoes last, and remove from heat (don't cook the tomatoes).
- Serve piping hot with garlic toast.
An excellent primavera! Very easy to prepare. I love dishes with a lot of vegetables, and this one cetainly is that. I used green pepper, celery, snowpeas, carrots, and water chestnuts. I added 1 t red pepper flakes for a little bite, and used rotini.I also added 1/4 cup chicken broth to add volume to the sauce. The veggies were crunchy and the sauce was smooth. Lovely combination. Will make this a lot. Thank you for the recipe Terri!!
This is a wonderful dish to serve in the spring and summer with fresh tomatoes and veggies. I make a very similar dish and thought I would try this one. I got rave reviews from all family members. The only thing I changed was to add just a splash of chardonnay. Thanks for another keeper!
This was great. Really good for summer suppers. I used broccoli, carrots, and green peppers. We really enjoyed a new pasta dish. Thanks