Recipe by TXOLDHAM
These can be made one day ahead, then drizzle with vinaigrette just before serving. Times are estimated and do not include chilling time.
- 2 lbs scallops
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄3 cups fresh chives, chopped, divided
- 3⁄4 cup creme fraiche or 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh tarragon, plus
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon, minced
- 5 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 1⁄3 cups English cucumbers, diced, peeled, seeded
- 1 lb smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup tarragon vinegar
- 2 bunches watercress, thick stems trimmed
- 2 heads Belgian endive, trimmed, leaves separated
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine scallops and wine in skillet. Cover and simmer over medium heat until scallops are just opaque in center, about 5 minutes. Drain, chill until cold, about 2 hours. Cut scallops into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Line 12 3/4-cup soufflé dishes with plastic wrap, extending over sides by 3-inches. Whisk 1 cup fresh chives, crème fraîche, 1/2 cup tarragon and 3 tablespoons mustard in large bowl to blend. Gently stir in scallops and cucumber. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut 12 rounds from salmon slices to fit bottom of soufflé dishes, place 1 round in each dish. Top each with 1/4 cup scallop mixture. Top each with another layer of salmon, trimming to fit.
- Divide remaining scallop mixture among dishes, about 1/4 cup for each. Top each with a third layer of salmon, trimming to fit. Fold plastic wrap overhang over terrines to enclose completely.
- Chill at least 4 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.).