Recipe by Alskann
A French classic Salmon and Spinach terrine recipe. Delicious served with a nice rice pilaf.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
This is an excellent recipe for an easy to make, delicious and elegant dish. I used Greek sheep yoghurt in place of the sour cream which worked very well. Thanks for sharing this little gem!
Made for Bargain Basement.
- 1 1⁄3 lbs fresh salmon fillets, cut in thin leaves
- 2 lbs frozen spinach
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the spinach (previously unfrozen) for 7 minutes in salted boiling water.
- Cool under cold water then drain and squeeze out as much water as you can.
- Butter 4 souffle dishes and line them with the salmon leaves.
- Salt to taste; leave a large enough part outside the dish so that you can fold it back later.
- Finely chop the spinach and put in large bowl.
- Add the cream, eggs, nutmeg, salt and pepper and mix.
- Evenly fill the 4 dishes with spinach mixture and cover with the outside part of the salmon leaves.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Invert the dishes on serving plates to remove terrines.
- Serve them right away on a rice pilaf.