Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A meal both filling and fulfilling! The flavors are great. This comes together so fast. It can be made ahead, just add the spinach 3 minutes before serving, enjoy!
- 425.24 g cannellini beans, drained and rinsed, I used navy bean
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced, about 1 cup
- 2 carrots, diced, about 1/2 cup
- 2 stalk celery, diced, about 1/2 cup
- 1 small zucchini, peeled, diced, about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14.79 ml fresh thyme leave, chopped, substitute 1 teaspoon dried
- 9.85 ml fresh sage leaves, chopped, substitute 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 907.18 g low sodium chicken broth, substitute vegetable broth
- 411.06 g diced tomatoes, can
- 56.69 g baby spinach leaves, chopped can use chopped kale (2 cups lightly packed)
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated (optional)
- In a small bowl mash half of the beans with a masher or the back of a spoon, and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery, zucchini, garlic, thyme, sage, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, and cook stirring occasionally until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and tomatoes with the juice and bring to a boil. Add the mashed and whole beans and the spinach leaves and cook until the spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes more.
- Serve topped with Parmesan, if desired.
Mmmmmm....tasty, simple and healthy. Winner! Thanks for sharing the keeper recipe.
Terrific, easy and yummy!