Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I have to confess I made this with sour cream instead of yogurt so it wasn't "lightened up". I also added some pickles because I prefer a sour taste to the sweet pickle flavor (I added sweet pickles too). This is a perfect week night dish that comes together quickly and is delicious. Recipe courtesy of Classic Pillsbury Cookbook Cool Salads and Sizzling BBQ. NOTE: 5/13/12 I made this again "lightened up", and it was terrific. I used dill pickles instead of sweet pickle relish, but I did not miss the mayonnaise in this recipe.
- 2 cups radiatore (pasta nuggets, uncooked)
- 12 1⁄4 ounces tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diagonally sliced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot (cut into 1 1/2 x 1/4 x 1/4 inch strips)
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, chopped and seeded
- 1⁄4 cup radish, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- Cook pasta according to desired doneness as directed on package.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In large bowl, combine all salad ingredients and toss gently.
- In small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and blend well.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours to blend flavors.
- Store in refrigerator.