I have to confess I made this with sour cream instead of yogurt so it wasn't "lightened up". I also added some pickles because I prefer a sour taste to the sweet pickle flavor (I added sweet pickles too). This is a perfect week night dish that comes together quickly and is delicious. Recipe courtesy of Classic Pillsbury Cookbook Cool Salads and Sizzling BBQ. NOTE: 5/13/12 I made this again "lightened up", and it was terrific. I used dill pickles instead of sweet pickle relish, but I did not miss the mayonnaise in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups radiatore (pasta nuggets, uncooked)
- 12 1/4 ounces tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup celery, diagonally sliced
- 1/4 cup carrot (cut into 1 1/2 x 1/4 x 1/4 inch strips)
- 1/4 cup cucumber, chopped and seeded
- 1/4 cup radish, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1Cook pasta according to desired doneness as directed on package.
- 2Drain and rinse with cold water.
- 3In large bowl, combine all salad ingredients and toss gently.
- 4In small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and blend well.
- 5Pour dressing over salad and toss gently to coat.
- 6Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours to blend flavors.
- 7Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Terrific Tuna Salad
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.2
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 45.3 mg
- Sodium 341.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 28.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon pepper seasoning