Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
From Kraft. Easy and tasty!
Make and share this Terrific Tuna Melt recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 ounce) can solid white tuna packed in water, drained, flaked (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chive & onion cream cheese
- 1 pita bread (6 inch)
- 3 tablespoons shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mixed assorted fresh vegetable (cucumbers, carrots and or or radishes)
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400ºF. Mix tuna and cream cheese spread; spread onto bread. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 2 to 3 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Top with vegetables.
This was great! The pink-colored tuna is all we get here & I admit I used the microwave. I doubled the recipe for 2 of us & it was very good, but I must say that those who skipped (or subbed for) the veggies missed the best part of the recipe. They add texture, eye appeal & a surprising amt of flavor to the tuna combo. I used onion, red & green bell pepper, cucumber, carrot, mushrooms & celery. I more than doubled this part of the recipe & we ate every last speck of it. Both of us really liked this a lot, Redsie. Thx for sharing your recipe w/us.
This was good and easy to make. Made this for lunch today. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add the veggies. I also heated this in the microwave and did not bake. Will make again! Thanks Redsie.
Other than using tuna packed in olive oil and minced cornichons for the veggies, I followed this recipe exactly. It made for a lovely, quick-to-assemble lunch that really hit the spot. Comfort meal to the max.