Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful, simple combination of flavours.
- 5 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar (or similar)
- Layer the tomatoes, onion, and cucumber in a shallow dish, sprinkle the sugar ,cilantro and pine nuts over the top, season with salt and pepper and splash the vinegar over the top.
- Cover with cling wrap and let sit at room temp for an hour before serving.