Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sometimes limes in Michigan are bitter and dry so in most recipes I usually use half lemon half lime.
- 1 lb ripe tomatillo, unwrapped
- 1 lime, Juiced
- 1 jalapeno, no seeds, minced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, Minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, then Minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Boil tomatillos till soft and they start peeling, approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Put tomatillos and all ingredients in blender or food processor till smooth.
This is great. I made this to put on my tamales . I tripled the recipe, but I only used 1 tablespoon salt and kept the cumin at 1/2 teaspoon , also added 1 teaspoon sugar. It was perfect and this recipe is better than the one I had been using from Tyler Florence!
splendid! The only reason I made this was to please the wife, I really don't do much green salsa, but after tasting it, she and I have to say, 4 thumbs up!