Recipe by Pam #5
My sister made this for a party this past weekend, and everyone loved it. The recipe comes from a Chatelaine cookbook. Great for anyone wanting pizza flavour with lower carbs, or just trying to eat healthier in general.
- 1 (350 g) package extra firm tofu
- 1⁄2 cup chunky salsa
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese, preferably orange-coloured
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oven rack in top third of oven. Preheat to 500°F (260°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Slice flock of tofu in half horizontally to form 2 thinner slices. Then cut each piece in half. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Place tofu on foil-lined pan. In a bowl stir salsa with olives, then spoon over tofu and spread to edges. Sprinkle with half of cheddar, then feta. Finish with remaining cheddar and oregano. Place in oven Turn oven to broil to cook until cheese melts, 6-8 minute Sprinkle with green onion.