Rebecca Louise's Note:
This decadent and rich tiramisu is my modified version of several recipes I've found. It's easier than it sounds. I made it for my brother's birthday and it went so fast, I barely got a piece! Best after sitting for a day, so prepare in advance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk sugar and egg yolks in a medium saucepan until incorporated. Whisk in milk. Stirring constantly, allow mixture to gently boil for one minute before removing from heat. Let cool slightly, then cover tightly and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- 2After custard mixture cools, beat heavy cream with vanilla extract in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- 3Whisk mascarpone cheese and amaretto into chilled custard until smooth.
- 4Gently fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture until just incorporated.
- 5In a shallow bowl, combine espresso and Kahlua. Split ladyfingers in half and arrange one package along the bottom of a 7" x 11" dish. With a pastry brush, coat the ladyfingers with half of the espresso mixture, then dust with one tablespoon cocoa powder.
- 6Spread half of mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers, then repeat the layers. Dust the top with another tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa. Cover and refrigerate for at least four hours and up to 4 days.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Terrific Tiramisu
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.2
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 149.7 mg
- Sodium 42.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: