Recipe by Krystal-Belle
I found this on the MSN.com website and it looks so tasty I can't wait to try this! I will have to wait though because I am frest-out of hamburger rolls (and any other type of bread) :(.
Top Review by supermomcharlotte
I made the recipe as listed. Next time, if there is a next time, I will not add as much bread crumbs. The burgers had too much of a meatloaf consistancy for me. My hubby thought they were great though. :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1 small sliced cucumber (optional)
- 4 lettuce leaves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the soft bread crumbs, onion, water, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, and ground ginger in a large mixing bowl. Add the ground beef and mix well. Shape the meat mixture into six 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- For a charcoal grill, place patties on the grill rack directly over medium coals. Grill, uncovered, for 15 to 18 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the side of a patty registers 160 degrees F, turning once.
- For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place patties on the grill rack; cover and grill as above.
- Serve burgers in buns topped, if desired, with sliced cucumbers and lettuce. Makes 6 servings.