Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Heres a tasty and healthy alternitive to the fatty hamburger taco salad. You may, of course, add tortilla chips if you like.
- 236.59 ml vegetarian ground beef
- 1.62 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml garlic salt
- 59.14 ml medium salsa
- 709.77 ml torn lettuce
- 118.29 ml drained canned black beans, rinsed
- 118.29 ml frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 0 medium red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- Combine ground burger, cumin and salsa in microwaveable bowl; cover with paper towel.
- Microwave on HIGH 1 to 2 min or until heated through, stirring after each 30 sec's
- Place 1-1/2 cups of the lettuce on each of 2 salad plates; top evenly with the beans, corn, peppers and ground burger mixture.
- Sprinkle with the cilantro and lime juice.
I enjoyed this as a vegetarian salad! I made the dressing, but added some ranch dressing too. Much enjoyed! Thanks! Made for PRMR game.
SUPER tasty and SUPER fast. We are not cilantro fans, so instead of your dressing I tossed the lettuce with 1/4 cup of Light Buttermilk Ranch Dressing. I will definitely make this again. . .THANKS!
Great week night meal. Healthy, fast, and tasty. The best part DH did not know it was not ground beef, hee, hee. Served chips on the side so we would not eat as many. Would not change anything as we were quite satisfied. Thanks so much for the post.