Recipe by Annacia
Heres a tasty and healthy alternitive to the fatty hamburger taco salad. You may, of course, add tortilla chips if you like.
- 1 cup vegetarian ground beef
- 1⁄3 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup medium salsa
- 3 cups torn lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup drained canned black beans, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1⁄4 medium red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground burger, cumin and salsa in microwaveable bowl; cover with paper towel.
- Microwave on HIGH 1 to 2 min or until heated through, stirring after each 30 sec's
- Place 1-1/2 cups of the lettuce on each of 2 salad plates; top evenly with the beans, corn, peppers and ground burger mixture.
- Sprinkle with the cilantro and lime juice.