Recipe by VickyJ
A great appetizer I came across in one of my Mom's cookbooks.
Top Review by MelTheFruitFly
Truthfully, I'd probably only give these three stars - but I altered the recipe a bit (upped the parmesan, left out the breadcrumbs - in an attempt to de-carb it) so I'll take the blame for one star... But I just found these kind of... well, they just tasted like tuna and spinach. Not a terrible thing, just kind of boring. (And more spinach than tuna...) But thanks for posting it. :)
- 1 (9 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Spray a baking sheet with veg. cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine tuna, spinach, bread crumbs, Monterey Jack, Parmesan, eggs, onion and salt; mix well.
- Drop generous tablespoonfuls of mixture, about 1 inch apart, onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes; turn nuggets over and bake 10 minutes longer. Serve immediately.