Recipe by echo echo
The recipe my mom always made. The mustard-brown sugar sauce it cooks in makes it still the best I've ever tasted.
Top Review by joanna_giselle
Moist and delicious, this is a great meatloaf recipe and very simple to make. Enjoyed by the whole family for lunch, I served it with coleslaw and slices of garden-fresh cucumber. Thanks for a keeper.
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb (2 slices bread)
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine egg thru onion and mix thoroughly with hands.
- Press into an 8-inch square pan or 9 X 5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine water thru mustard; pour over loaf.
- Bake at 350° 1 hour (8-inch pan) or 1 hour 15 minutes (loaf pan).
- Let sit 15 min before serving.
- To freeze: Flash freeze meatloaf uncooked. To heat frozen meat loaf: Thaw in the refrigerator and cook as directed.