Recipe by grandma2969
If you end up with small amounts of cereal from various boxes, this is a good recipe..We don't substitute the Grape Nuts, because that cereal is a favorite of ours. In place of corn flakes, any other type of dry cereal can be substituted..
- 1 cup vegetable shortening (I use Crisco)
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1⁄3 cup lemon yogurt
- 3 1⁄2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups corn flakes (or mixture of other dry cereals)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup Grape-nuts cereal
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat shortening, brown sugar, honey and eggs until creamy.
- Add almond extract and yogurt.
- Mix well. Add flour, baking soda and salt, mix until well combined.
- Add corn flakes, nuts, wheat germ, cereal and coconut, stir by hand until blended well.
- Drop dough by rounded tspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten cookies slightly with fork or fingers.
- Bake in preheated 375* for 8-10 minutes or until light golden bronw.do not overbake.
- I sometimes add leftover dried or fresh fruit to these cookies.