Recipe by MarieRynr
This delicious iced tea is a real thirst quencher on a hot summer's day. Cook time is chill time.
Top Review by ChefDebs
I made a batch of this ,this morning and now i cant stop drinking it, i admit to using a family size tea bag, instead of the loose tea; I just love the fruit rind in it.Being a Brit in America, it has taken a few years for me to get used to my tea being cold , but i love this recipe, very refreshing.
- 2 cups boiling mineral water
- 2 teaspoons tea (eg. Peach, Plum, Lemon, Earl Grey, Bruckingham Palace Garden Party, or Windsor Castle blend)
- 2 sprigs mint leaves
- 1⁄2 of a fresh orange, juice and zested rind
- 1⁄2 of a fresh lemon, juice and zested rind
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups mineral water
Directions See How It's Made
- Steep tea and mint leaves in boiled spring water for 10 minutes. Strain.
- Zest orange and lemon rinds, avoiding the white pith.
- Squeeze the juice of the orange and lemon into a large jug, add the strained tea, fruit zest and sugar. Stir well to make sure sugar is dissolved.
- Chill and serve over ice.
- Hint: freeze some of this mixture into ice cubes!