Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is really "terrific crab dip". I have made this on many occassions. Every time I go to a candle party, a jewelry party, or any kind of home retail party, I am asked to bring this... It's warm & cheesy and oh so good. FYI- you can use fresh lump, frozen, or canned crabmeat... You can even substitute with imitation crab meat or shrimp in a pinch... If you want to add a little kick to this, you can stir in red pepper flakes before baking...
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs (stir melted butter into this portion of soft bread crumbs)
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 2 ounces black olives, sliced for garnish
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, break the crabmeat in chunks. Add the mayonnaise, 1 cup soft bread crumbs, half-and-half, eggs, cream cheese, onion, olives, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and fold together.
- Spoon mixture into a 1 quart casserole dish. Top with the buttered bread crumbs and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Garnish with olive slices.
- Top with Monterey Jack cheese then brown or broil until melted & bubbly.
It was OK, it did have plenty of cheese as the description says but I really thought the flavor was very bland, and it didn't come out very creamy (maybe I did something wrong, but the recipe was easy enough to follow) or smoothe so it was rather hard to use as dip
We made this dip along with your "spinach artichoke crock pot dip and your sausage balls" for family Sunday that everybody comes over for. Everything was so good and all gone. * * * * * five stars
I served this last night when we had company over and it was YUMMMMMMO. My goal is now to try all of your recipes Blondie. This was so delicious. I wasn't sure how it would be with the eggs but it was all the rage last night.