Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is a result of my search for the perfect tetrazzini. It is a compilation and adaptation of several recipes. It is one of my most requested recipes. It makes a 9x13 pan completely full, so is great for entertaining company. It is very easy to put together and can be assembled early and then baked at serving time. Fix a nice green salad and some garlic bread and your meal is ready.
- 16 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1 (15 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken meat
- 24 ounces sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Break spaghetti into small pieces, cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt the 1/4 cup butter in a large saucepan.
- Sauté the onions and mushrooms until the onions are tender.
- Stir in the soup and chicken and heat.
- Stir in the sour cream and then the noodles. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9x13 pan or a large casserole dish.
- Top with topping and then bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Topping: Melt the stick of butter and stir in the breadcrumbs and cheese. Spread on top of noodle mixture.