Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another BRILLIANT idea from Nigel Slater and his new programme, "Simple Suppers". I love the idea of this, and can see all sorts of possibilities for what to "raid" from the fridge at the end of the week. I like his suggestions for bacon and bangers, and especially when served with crisp, green cabbage. An excellent, hearty supper dish and one that would be great for the children too - the greens being "hidden" amongst all the spuds, bacon and sausages etc! (By Nigel Slater. From Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers.)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 bacon, rashers
- 4 sausages, cooked
- 1 large onions or 1 large a couple of large spring onion
- 4 small potatoes (or 2 large ones)
- 1 handful of any bright greens, such as cabbage
- 1 large handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat some olive oil in a non-stick pan. Roughly chop the bacon, sausages and onion and add to the oil.
- Add the potatoes unpeeled, if you like, so that the skins go crisp. Keep on a low heat. Don't stir too much so that the juices have a chance to caramelise a little.
- Roughly chop the greens and gently boil them in a separate pan - just a couple of minutes usually. Drain the greens and add to the pan fry.
- Top with chopped parsley. Gently stir all the ingredients together and increase the heat until the meat is a little crisp.
- Serve straightaway.
Nice Hearty Meal. My husband licked his plate clean. Made as directed except I did not boil the cabbage beforehand, just added to the pan. Best thing is only one pan to clean. Made for Ausie Swap #34.