Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This easy recipe has wonderful flavor.
- 6 cups chopped lettuce (I like iceberg for this recipe)
- 6 cups hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 16 ounces bacon, cooked crisped and crumbled (1/2 c)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas (2c)
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion, with tops
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place 3 c of lettuce on bottom of large bowl.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Layer eggs sprinkle with with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Layer peas, remaining lettuce, bacon, cheese and mayo.
- Cover and chill 24 hours.
- Garish with onion and paprika.
I don't know what I did wrong other than adjust the recipe for the 2 of us, but mine turned out really soggy. I only let it sit in the frig for about 12 hours, but I don't think that had anything to do with it. Sorry this didn't work for us, but it might have been a technician error, thus the 3 stars.
This was delicious! We couldn't wait the whole 24 hours! I used bacon bits instead of bacon(we don't eat it). Thanks for a lovely salad!