1/2 Photos of ( Terribly Impressive ) Chorizo Puffs
Aunty Dotty's Note:
This is a Jill Dupleix recipe for little puffs of yumminess. Make these as really irresistable appetisers, or for a swanky cocktail party. You make this choux pastry in a food processor, and you can use whatever spicy sausage you prefer..too easy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 200C/400°F.
- 2Skin the sausages and crumble the meat into a hot pan. Fry til nice and brown, then drain on paper towel.
- 3Heat butter, water and salt in a heavy saucepan. As soon as the butter is melted and water boiling, add all the flour.
- 4Lower the heat and stir like crazy, til the dough pulls away from the sides and forms a ball.
- 5Keep cooking and stirring for another couple of minutes, then chuck into the processor and blend for 15 seconds.
- 6Add the eggs and blend another 45 seconds.
- 7Stir the sausage meat into the mix, then drop teaspoons full onto a greased/lined tray.
- 8Bake at 200C for 10 to 15 minutes - til golden and serve ASAP. Won't last long -- .
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for ( Terribly Impressive ) Chorizo Puffs
Serving Size: 1 (628 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.4
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 28.4 mg
- Sodium 155.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g