Recipe by Trinkets
This is my friend Terri's recipe for delicious and oh-so-easy baked jambalaya. Feel free to get creative, add shrimp, other types of meats and sausages. The rice in this dish does not come out mushy because there is no stirring involved. Serve with hot sauce, hot French bread, and long necked, ice cold beer!
- 1 lb white rice (Terri uses Uncle Ben's converted)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can consomme
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 lb mild sausage (like Jimmy Dean's)
- 1 lb spicy sausage
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (7 ounce) can tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- In a Dutch oven, cook meats and drain.
- Saute vegetables in butter, add soups and rice.
- Cover and place in oven 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- DO NOT PEEK!
- You can cook a little longer if the rice is not quite done and/or add water at the end.