Recipe by Chef*Lee
I love the salads at Italian restaurants. I made this one up so I could eat them at home without going out. I hope you enjoy it!
Top Review by Jules211
this was awsome. made for a pinic everyone loved it. i did add some chick peas. next time i would use a fresh mozzarella cubed just a preference. i think it would take on the flavor of the dressing beautifully. thanks for the keeper.
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and sliced into half-moon shapes
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 (13 3/4 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and sliced in half
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups large shred mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne (ground red pepper)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl; place your cucumbers, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, black olives, pimientos, and cheese.
- In a smaller bowl; mix oil, lemon juice, garlic, Lawry's, pepper, Italian seasoning, vinegar, sugar, and cayenne.
- Pour oil mix into cucumber mix and toss to coat.
- Chill then enjoy!