Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe originally came from "Recipes and Recollections from Terrace Hill", but no author was noted. I've adjusted the amounts of ingredients to suit my tastes.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Gradually add the oil, beating with a wire whisk until blended. Stir in the tarragon.
- Serve the dressing over salad greens.
Bursting with flavor! I made the full amount but I recommend determining how much you need for that meal so you don't waste the tarragon. I poured 2 tablespoons on a Premium Romaine Mix, and it tasted complete. Next time I will reduce the amount of oil to suit personal taste. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.
I doubled the vinegar and reduced the oil out of personal reference. We like this dressing - it has a nice refreshing flavour
I added just a hint of basil.