Recipe by Collegegal Baker
This is a unique and delicious salad. THe salad tastes great on its own, so you can omit the nuts if you'd like. Its from the Salad Time cookbook.
- 1 head romaine lettuce (I use 1 bag of pre-packed lettuce)
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1 (6 ounce) package slivered almonds
- 1 (4 ounce) package pine nuts
- 1 (6 ounce) package terra chips (or Terra Sticks)
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or splenda)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear lettuce and combine with the peppers and avocado in a large bowl. Sprinkle with almonds and pine nuts.
- Combine Oil, vinegar, sugar, ketchup and onion in a jar or cruet. Cover tightly and shake vigorously.
- To serve, add dressing, tossing to coat. Crumble 3/4 package chips and sprinkle on top. Arrange whole chips around edge of bowl as a garnish.