Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a quick, easy and yummy recipe that is like a gourmet version of chicken schnitzel. From the cookbook, "Gatherings: Creative Kosher Cooking from Our Families to Yours" (Netivot HaTorah). Tips: To crush chips and still maintain texture, put them into a sealable plastic bag and use a rolling pin for crushing. For a finer texture, crush chips in a food processor.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon & herb seasoning
- 1 (170 g) bag terra chips, crushed or 1 (170 g) bagother vegetable chips
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Dredge chicken breasts in mixture. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, beat egg, mustard, lemon juice and lemon and herb spice together. Set aside.
- Place crushed chips in a large bowl. Dip chicken first in egg mixture, then in crushed Terra chips. Place chicken breasts in roasting pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt margarine. Drizzle on top of chicken. Place roasting pan, uncovered, in oven. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
Wow this recipe is awesome. The colors of the terra chips look beautiful coating the chicken. I was out of the lemon pepper seasoning so I left that out but it was still very good and simple to make. Since I do not keep kosher I actually melted some parmesan cheese on top as well, it was a nice addition.