Missy Wombat's Note:
Eggplant South East Asian style.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Halve the eggplants and brush them with 3 tablespoons of oil.
- 2Place them on a tray and bake at 180 degrees Celcius for about 40 minutes or until they soften.
- 3Grind the shallots, garlic, ginger and/or galangal and chillies into a paste with a mortar and pestle.
- 4Heat the remaining oil in a wok, and the paste along with the tomatoes and salt and stir until heated through.
- 5Stir in the lime juice.
- 6Place the eggplant in a bowl and pour over the sauce.
- 7Serve with rice or cut the eggplants and serve as part of a banquet.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Terong Belado (Eggplant with Chilli Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.6
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 29.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 35.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.6 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: