Recipe by Karen=^..^=
I loved the way this sounded when I received it via email from menus4moms.com.
- 2 -3 tablespoons ground mixed spice (Chili Spice Blend recipe follows)
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 16 ounces spaghetti, cooked as directed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped onion (to garnish)
Chili spice blend
- 7 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients of the chili spice blend and store in a leftover container, empty spice bottle, or baggie.
- Brown the beef over medium heat in a large pot.
- While browning the meat, add a couple of dashes of Worcestershire sauce.
- When the meat is browned, drain off the fat (I use a colander).
- Put the meat back in the pot and add just enough water to cover the meat.
- Simmer the meat in the water until it is tender.
- Once the meat is tender, add a can of beef broth and the tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons spice mix to taste and simmer for approximately 1/2 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add beef broth as needed to keep the chili from boiling dry.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti and sprinkle with cheese and onions.