Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe for chicken with a kick, came from a Dallas Cuisine cookbook. The Good Eats Restaurant was known for this recipe. If you love jalepenos, you'll like this chicken.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 canned jalapeno peppers (whole)
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno juice (from canned jalapeno peppers)
- 2 cups white corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove jalapenos with a slotted spoon. Refrigerate the jalapenos. Let syrup mixture cool and place in the refrigerator.
- When the syrup mixture is totally cooled, pout 1 1/2 cups of the syrup over the chicken breasts. Marinate the chicken for 1 hour. The remaining syrup will be used for basting. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the liquid. Grill the chicken 3-5 minutes on each side, basting with reserved syrup mixture during cooking. Transfer to the serving platter and garnish with the candied jalapenos.