1/3 Photos of Teriyaki Would-Be Minced Chicken, Torisoboro, Bowl
T. Washoi's Note:
Teriyaki minced chicken, torisoboro, is one of the most popular lunch box, bento, recipe in Japan, I think. In this recipe, I used not minced chicken, but a defrosted tofu. When you freeze tofu, taste of tofu enhances and its texture turns more chewy. You can find a lot of different teriyaki sauce recipes. In this recipe, I prepared one of the basic Japanese teriyaki sauce using mirin and sake. I know it is not always easy to find esp. mirin outside Japan, so it’s ok if you use substitutes for the teriyaki sauce, such as soy sauce with honey, or soy sauce with coke.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 firm tofu, defrosted after freezing for one night
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 29.58 ml green onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely julienned
- 40 g bean sprouts
for teriyaki sauce
- 1Beat eggs well and prepare scrambled eggs. It’d be easier to prepare scramble eggs with 2 or more pairs of chopsticks to do it.
- 2Finely julienne your favorite vegetables and boil them.
- 3Squeeze water out from the defrosted tofu.
- 4Spread sesame oil in a skillet and sauté the tofu.
- 5Add teriyaki sauce in the skillet and mix it with the tofu well.
- 6Place rice, tofu, eggs and vegetables in bowls.
- 7Spread salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Teriyaki Would-Be Minced Chicken, Torisoboro, Bowl
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.5
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 2140.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: