Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Teriyaki minced chicken, torisoboro, is one of the most popular lunch box, bento, recipe in Japan, I think. In this recipe, I used not minced chicken, but a defrosted tofu. When you freeze tofu, taste of tofu enhances and its texture turns more chewy. You can find a lot of different teriyaki sauce recipes. In this recipe, I prepared one of the basic Japanese teriyaki sauce using mirin and sake. I know it is not always easy to find esp. mirin outside Japan, so it’s ok if you use substitutes for the teriyaki sauce, such as soy sauce with honey, or soy sauce with coke.
- 1 firm tofu, defrosted after freezing for one night
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 29.58 ml green onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely julienned
- 40 g bean sprouts
for teriyaki sauce
- 59.16 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml mirin
- 14.79 ml sake
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml ginger, grated
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- cooked rice
- Beat eggs well and prepare scrambled eggs. It’d be easier to prepare scramble eggs with 2 or more pairs of chopsticks to do it.
- Finely julienne your favorite vegetables and boil them.
- Squeeze water out from the defrosted tofu.
- Spread sesame oil in a skillet and sauté the tofu.
- Add teriyaki sauce in the skillet and mix it with the tofu well.
- Place rice, tofu, eggs and vegetables in bowls.
- Spread salt and pepper to taste.